My Etsy Shop

Monday, April 4, 2011

hmmmm...

People don't seem to really like my paintings this year, which makes me doubt myself. I know that you shouldn't let that bother you, but unfortunately, it does.
It is a bit of a blow to my belief that good art includes some imagination.
There's a show here at TU that sort of validate your time here, if you get in, and two of my pieces that are small and I do not care about got in, but everything else was rejected.
I have to get used to rejection, but when I see what else was rejected and what got in, it really makes me question what I am doing with my art.
Its so hard to vent without sounding like a brat or stuck up!!!
I guess that is the way of the world. There's always someone better than you.
OK, thanks for letting me vent!

No comments:

Post a Comment