My Etsy Shop

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Best Friend

All my life, I dreamed of having a close girlfriend (maybe because I thought it was the normal thing to have). Since I had social problems, I really didn't have a satisfying relationship with a friend. I had my cousin Amy, but she went down a path that I didn't want to follow. I had my friend Amanda, but we weren't really as close was I would have liked.
I wanted someone I could tell anything to without being judged. That "girlfriend" factor. Someone to be buddies with and that you wanna do everything with. I found that in Kris. Kris is the first person I have ever been this close to. She is the person that I was waiting for, my close girlfriend.
It is Kris's nature to tease me because I can be pretty weird or stupid sometimes, but it never really hurts me like the weird looks some of my "friends" used to give me when I had an "aspurger" moment.
I also have a good friend named Emma. I'm actually closer to her than I have been to any other outside of marriage or family.
I think having friends is important, especially to someone like me. For everyone, it validates that you are a worth-while person. I used to get very depressed because I didn't have any friends about five years back. Now, I have many! It really feels great. I hope I keep most of these friendships going to a lifetime. Even if I don't, I will always have Kris, my close buddy, my partner in crime, my best girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment