My Etsy Shop

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Living In Stealth

Here is some info from the Donna Rose website about living in stealth:
http://www.donnarose.com/Stealth.htm

Personally, I think that it would be better to be an advocate for other people that are going through the same thing you did, but then again, I am not a transsexual. I cannot say that I would not want to be stealth. I understand that a huge point of changing your sex is to leave the other person behind and become your true self. Who's to stay that I wouldn't want to have anything to do with the fact that I was the opposite gender?
For those on both sides of the fence, stealth and not, I believe it would take a lot of courage. On one hand, it takes a lot to leave everything behind and build a new life. On the other, it takes bravery to continue to, in some situations, let it be known that you are a transsexual person. I know of some lovely people who have gone through this process and continue to help others that are going through it and those who have just started.
Of course, being a transsexual does not define who you are as a person. Unfortunately, society puts labels on people and it is hard for others to see passed that label. But, whatever your choice is, you have to prepare for what's ahead.
I admire all of you for your courage and wish you all very much happiness in the future.
-Mery ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment