My Etsy Shop

Saturday, May 21, 2011

stop trans hate

As a spouse of a trans person and an advocate, I feel very protective of people who are trans. In my little world (AND in actually reality), there is absolutely NOTHING "wrong", "sick", or whatever about this subject. Just as much as people do not understand this subject, I am bewildered at their unwillingness to even try to understand it.
Kris asked me the other night, "how do you feel about two trans people sitting there talking about our transition?", refering to a conversation he had earlier. I replied, "its normal to me". In other words, I had absolutely no negative feelings towards the conversation, no discomfort, and no misunderstanding.
I am not bragging, saying like "oh look at me and how accepting I am!". I am merely trying to explore my view and convey it. Trying to understand why this is not an issue to me, and why it is to others. Of course I know the logical answers, but those do not completely explain everything.
stop.transsexualhate.blogspot.com

----------
Sent from AT&T's Wireless network using Mobile Email

No comments:

Post a Comment