My Etsy Shop

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Poem for the Mother of the Bride

Momma's Little Girl
by Mery McNett

I'll always be Momma's little girl,
no mater how old I get.
I was always your little pearl,
always your little pet.

I'll always remember that Christmas when I was three,
when you played Mickey Mouse with me
right there in front of the tree.
We were in my Popples tent, remember that?
And when I said "shut" up it was something to jest at.

When I was sick you were always there
to take care of your little Mer-Bear.

Christmases and Birthdays have always been the best!
And because I have a mom like you,
I know that I am truly blessed.

You made sure we got what we wanted,
no mater how crazy it might be.
Remember that Christmas
when I wanted a Doc Brown wig under the tree?

I remember that when I forgot my Little Lamb,
you never ceased to knock down every door to find it,
like my mommy of a battering ram.

I was a child with a wild imagination
and you encouraged it without hesitation.

I'll always love you with all my heart,
I always have,
right from the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment